Focus your creative and artistic talents on developing your skills in drawing, painting, printmaking, ceramics, sculpture, and illustration. Studio art allows you to explore the creative processes in visual arts. Technical, perceptual, and aesthetic issues are addressed while offering a historical and contemporary context. By their very nature, classes are hands-on to allow students the opportunity to engage with their work. Our dynamic faculty of practicing artists effectively guide and support student talent.
About Studio Art at Morningside:
- Develop your understanding of the theory and history of art.
- Practice artistic techniques through a variety of media.
- Enjoy professional studios and labs that will allow you to access tools and equipment to enhance your learning.
- Take part in workshops and activities that allow you to feature your work, gather feedback, and build your professional network.
- Display your art in the Eppley Art Gallery, the HJF Learning Center, and in community spaces.