Focus your creative talents on developing your designer's vision. Graphic design combines traditional art with digital technology to communicate ideas and messages effectively. You will become skilled at publication, signage, packaging, and magazine design, as well as illustration, website design, and other forms of visual communication. Our dynamic faculty of practicing artists effectively guide and support student talent.
Students from all major academic disciplines can exhibit their graphic design artwork in our nationally awarded annual magazine Kiosk as well as in student art exhibitions in Eppley Art Gallery and other campus locations including the HJF Learning Center. Morningside’s Graphic Design program offers a graphic design major and minor as well as general education and elective opportunities to students. Our campus hosts a graphic design lab and an on-site print shop. Art Talent Grant scholarships are available to prospective students from all areas of study who submit a portfolio review.
About Graphic Design at Morningside:
- Develop your understanding of art, brands, and business.
- Learn to translate complex ideas and information into art and develop your ability to utilize design principles.
- Master both your communication skills and artistic abilities.
- Build confidence, independence, and creativity in an active learning environment with bountiful opportunities both on and off-campus.
- Exhibit your design work in the Eppley Art Gallery, the HJF Learning Center, and in community spaces.