Take the next step in your career
Morningside proudly offers graduate programs in Nursing and Education, as well as a doctoral program known as the Doctor of Nursing Practice. Our programs are designed especially for you. We offer flexible programs that allow you to continue working while still earning your degree. Most of our options are offered 100% online while some are offered in a hybrid format. At low costs, these programs fit well with both professional and personal lives.
We also have an excellent reputation across the Midwest and beyond with 125 years of exceptional undergraduate programming, but you can expect the same benefits with our higher level programs. Our high-quality, small, private liberals arts experience is still available to you.
Graduate Education: Master of Arts in Teaching
Build on your career in education by taking advantage of Morningside’s Sharon Walker School of Education. We have great options for licensed teachers to advance their careers and for people with a bachelor's degree to change careers and become a teacher in Iowa. We also offer many Iowa Endorsements online.
- Master of Arts in Teaching: Athletic Program Management
- Master of Arts in Teaching: Autism Education
- Master of Arts in Teaching: Curriculum Studies
- Master of Arts in Teaching: English as a Second Language
- Master of Arts in Teaching: Literacy Education
- Master of Arts in Teaching: Middle Level Education
- Master of Arts in Teaching: Special Education
- Master of Arts in Teaching: STEM Education
- Master of Arts in Teaching: Talented and Gifted Education
- Master of Arts in Teaching: Teacher Leadership
- Master of Arts in Teaching: Initial Licensure in Elementary Education, Grades K-6
- Master of Arts in Teaching: Secondary Education
- Master of Arts in Teaching: Special Education Instructional Strategist II BD/LD or ID
Graduate Nursing: Master of Science in Nursing
Expand your understanding and nursing knowledge, gain important leadership skills, and reach your desired level of practice through our Master of Science in Nursing options. This degree prepares you for the next steps in your medical career through three track options:
- MSN: Clinical Nurse Leader
- MSN: Family Primary Care Practitioner
- MSN: Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
We also offer multiple certificate options for students who are both post-bachelor’s degree and post-master’s degree.
Build upon your bachelor’s and master’s degrees through the Nylen School of Nursing’s doctoral program, the first doctoral program offered at Morningside. This program will allow you to reach the pinnacle of your nursing education with two distinct tracks options for BSN to DNP or MSN to DNP.