Focus your creative talents on developing your artistic vision. Photography emphasizes problem-solving and technical skills, design, and digital imaging. You will use fully-equipped darkrooms, studios, and automatic processing equipment to complete work in black-and-white and color photography. You will also have access to a computer lab where you can work on building your digital enhancement skills and print your images. Our dynamic faculty of practicing artists effectively guide and support student talent.
Students from all major academic disciplines can exhibit their photography in our nationally awarded annual magazine Kiosk as well as in student art exhibitions in Eppley Art Gallery and other campus locations including the HJF Learning Center. Our campus hosts a darkroom for film and other old school processes as well as a graphic design lab for digital editing. Morningside’s Photography program offers a photography major and minor as well as general education and elective opportunities to students. The student-run Photo Club has recently traveled to conferences, art museums, and photoshoot destinations. Art Talent Grant scholarships are available to prospective students from all areas of study who submit a portfolio review.
About Photography at Morningside:
- Develop your understanding of art, brands, and business.
- Learn to translate complex ideas and information into art and develop your ability to utilize design principles.
- Master both your communication skills and artistic abilities.
- Build confidence, independence, and creativity in an active learning environment with bountiful opportunities both on and off-campus.
- Exhibit your art in the Eppley Art Gallery, the HJF Learning Center, and in community spaces.