Psychology is the study of human mind and behavior. A general psychology major is the best choice if you wish to sample many areas within the psychology discipline. This major will allow you to tailor coursework and research to your specific interests. Like the more specialized psychology majors, it is an excellent option if you are considering graduate school after completing your undergraduate degree.
About General Psychology at Morningside:
- Morningside’s small, private college setting will allow you to build meaningful working relationships with professors, providing you with excellent mentors.
- Beginning as early as your freshman year, take part in independent and collaborative research.
- Benefit from a prime location in Sioux City, Iowa’s fourth largest city, and other large cities nearby for abundant options for credit-bearing internships.
- Four distinct psychology-related majors provide you with ample opportunity to explore the major and future that is right for you – including opportunities to map out your plan after graduation.
- Develop your foundational knowledge of psychology through history and theory while having almost immediate opportunities to empirically investigate, think critically, and apply learning.