Developmental psychology allows you to study developmental issues, including physical, cognitive, and socioemotional changes throughout the lifespan. You will work directly with many different people, including children, the elderly, and families, focusing on causes and reasons behind behavior.
About Developmental Psychology at Morningside:
- Morningside’s small private college setting will allow you to build meaningful working relationships with professors, providing you with excellent mentors.
- Beginning as early as your freshman year, take part in independent and collaborative research
- Benefit from a prime location in Sioux City, Iowa’s fourth largest city, and other large cities nearby for abundant options for credit-bearing internships.
- The opportunity to use Morningside's Play and Parenting Lab where child and parent behaviors can be recorded and analyzed.
- Develop your foundational knowledge of psychology through history and theory while having almost immediate opportunity to empirically investigate, think critically, and apply learning.