Morningside's long-standing tradition of excellence in music reaches every student on campus- from majors preparing for a professional career in music to those simply interested in ensemble participation. The School of Visual and Performing Arts offers over 100 concerts, productions, exhibits, and recitals each year.
Studying music at Morningside allows students to enhance musical creativity through performance. Regardless of major, all undergraduate students are welcome to participate in one or more of the nine curricular vocal and instrumental ensembles. Fully accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, our dynamic faculty of practicing musicians effectively guide and support student talent.
About Music at Morningside:
- Students benefit from Morningside’s rich history and variety of vocal and instrumental music offerings, ensembles, and activities.
- Regional, national, and international travel opportunities connect students with a global understanding. Recent tours include Japan (2018), Spain (2015), and Italy (2012). Join us as we tour Germany and the Czech Republic in May 2021.
- Learn alongside internationally renowned guest artists-in-residence who frequently visit campus for collaborative experiences and high school festivals, including the Morningside Jazz Festival, the Tri-State High School Honor Choir, and the Morningside Piano Recital Series.
- Perform in Eppley Auditorium, Morningside’s beautiful 1,300-seat crown jewel concert venue.
- The MacCollin Classroom and Klinger-Neal Theatre buildings provide modern studios, classrooms, rehearsal, and performance spaces for student musicians.