Whether you select chemistry as your sole area of study or combine it with another major such as biology, business, or mathematics, this major will prepare you for a variety of career areas or set forth further opportunity as a graduate student.
About Chemistry at Morningside:
- Develop a solid foundation of chemical theory and experimental techniques, including familiarity with standard laboratory practices.
- Build your communication skills in scientific writing and speech through preparation of lab reports, research papers, and presentations.
- Immerse yourself in the use of the scientific method while building your organizational abilities as you summarize and abstract scientific literature and conduct data analysis.
- Take advantage of one-on-one interaction with enthusiastic faculty who are eager to work with you.
- Learn the importance of chemistry in our world and everyday lives.
Check out our Science From Siouxland, our project-based science pathway