Morningside College is situated in a scenic and safe residential area, but we still offer you a security staff dedicated to your safety. Including a director, assistant director, safety and security office, as well as 20-30 part-time student security aides. Though they have no arresting rights and do not carry weapons, they are on duty 24 hours a day for 365 days of the year.
The main office is located in the Hickman-Johnson-Furrow Learning Center with a secondary office in Student Olsen Center. Campus safety is also responsible for patrolling the campus grounds and locking and unlocking campus buildings. We also provide students with an Electronic Notification System that will send notifications concerning weather, campus safety, and other important notifications.
- 24-hour Escort service to and from buildings, parking lots, or cars
- Vehicle assistance program, including jumping cars and opening locked doors
- Transportation for those with limited mobility including, but not limited to: those on crutches, walking boots, wheelchairs, and those just needing extra assistance
- Offer programs including:
- Crime Prevention
- Sexual Assault awareness
- Self-defense classes
- Fire Prevention
- Alcohol and drug abuse prevention