- Associate degree (recent associate degree graduates may apply while waiting to take the NCLEX-RN licensure exam)
- Active RN license
- Automatic acceptance cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher (lower GPA will be considered based on other individual factors)
- Earn a grade of “C” or better in required courses for the major
- Active BLS certification for healthcare providers
- Completion and approval of background check
- Compliance with required immunizations upon admission
- Meet the essential ability requirements
Transcript Submission Requirements
We require official transcripts for admission to the Online RN to BSN Program. We accept electronic transcripts from either (a) an institution or (b) an established provider. This includes Script Safe, Parchment, National Student Clearinghouse, Docufide, SENDedu, etc.
Designated officials from institutions (i.e., Registrar) or third-party vendors can e-mail electronic transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail print copies of official transcripts to:
Morningside University Admissions Office
1501 Morningside Avenue
Sioux City, IA 51106
Iowa Administrative Code 655–2.10(152) details that students and prospective students may not take nursing courses with a clinical or practicum component by a person: 1) who has been denied licensure by the board; 2) whose license is currently suspended, surrendered, or revoked in any U.S. jurisdiction; or 3) whose license is currently suspended, surrendered, or revoked in another country due to disciplinary action. Individuals seeking enrollment or currently enrolled in nursing programs who are not eligible to take a course with a clinical component because of disciplinary action in any state should contact the Iowa Board of Nursing Enforcement Unit at (515) 281-6472 as soon as possible. Individuals not eligible to take a clinical or practicum component will not be admitted to the nursing program or allowed to progress in the curriculum.