Read Vice President for Academic Affairs Chris Spicer’s first weekly COVID-19 Update.
Welcome back to campus!
This morning, you are receiving your first weekly Morningside COVID-19 Update. I will be sending you this email every Monday to update you with any important COVID-19-related news and information here at Morningside. Should something change mid-week, you will hear from me sooner, but you can always expect to hear from me on Mondays.
For the week of Monday, Aug. 17, Morningside College’s overall operating level is YELLOW. You can see more about Morningside’s Operation Guidelines and our response to COVID-19 here.
LOCAL COVID-19 DATA
This week, hospitalization rates and active cases of COVID-19 remain steady in Woodbury County, Iowa where Morningside is located. You can see COVID-19 data for our county and all of Iowa here.
IF YOU ARE ILL, SYMPTOMATIC, OR HAVE BEEN EXPOSED TO COVID-19
Please stay in your residence hall room or home if you have been exposed to COVID-19 or are ill or symptomatic. Should you need medical attention or assistance, please contact Campus Nurse Judi Neswick at 712-274-5178.
TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF AND ONE ANOTHER
In order to keep in-person learning happening, ensure sports seasons, allow activities to take place, etc., we need active cooperation from everyone to follow health and safety recommendations. As a reminder:
- Mask up, Mustangs.
- Practice social distancing whenever possible.
- Wash your hands. Frequently.
- Refrain from sharing objects.
- Regularly clean and disinfect your personal items and spaces.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Get plenty of rest, eat well, and exercise to stay healthy.
- Avoid going to large parties and gatherings.
- Limit your travel outside of campus.
- Refrain from risky behaviors.
- Should you become ill, contact Student Health or your health care provider right away and truthfully provide them with any information they need to contact others with whom you have had contact.
- Should you be required to quarantine or self-isolate, please follow all directions in order to protect others from exposure.
If you have specific questions or topics related to COVID-19 that you would like me to address in future emails, please feel free to let me know.
All the best for a successful first week back at Morningside.