Read the final COVID-19 update for spring 2021.
Congratulations! We have officially reached the end of spring semester 2021 and the 2020-2021 academic year.
You can find the most updated dashboard numbers here, and the historical data here. For those interested, COVID-19 data for the State of Iowa is here. Campus will continue to operate in YELLOW.
- FINAL UPDATE: The message you are reading is the final COVID-19 update that will be sent to campus.
- COVID-19 PAGE: You may notice that the information on the COVID-19 page has been reduced. With the semester ending, much of this information has been or will be archived as we transition to summer.
- TEST IOWA: Today is the final day of our on-campus Test Iowa site, and the State of Iowa is in the process of closing all Test Iowa sites throughout the state. Attached to this email, you will find a document with local options for testing should you need it.
- VACCINE UPDATE: If you have not yet received a vaccine, we encourage you to sign up. Siouxland District Health, Drilling Pharmacy, and HyVee are just a few of the places vaccines are available. All adults age 16 or older are eligible to receive a vaccine.
- EFFECTIVE JUNE 1, MORNINGSIDE PLANS TO BEGIN OPERATING IN GREEN: This means Morningside will resume normal operations with two important notes: 1) The current campuswide mask policy will be discontinued effective June 1; however, masks may be required in some individual classrooms and offices. All campus community members are asked to comply if an individual requests that a mask be worn in individual classrooms or offices. 2) Employees may continue to use plexiglass barriers or other personal protection equipment as they see fit.
On behalf of our senior leadership team, thank you to each and every one of you. Together, we faced a year unlike any other. I am incredibly proud that not only were we able to remain in-person for the entire year, but much was accomplished and gained in the process.
To the Class of 2021, congratulations. Enjoy your upcoming weekend. You’ve more than earned it. I will see you at rehearsal at noon on Thursday.
To the rest of our students, faculty, and staff, I look forward to our transition to green, and all the good things in store this summer and fall.