COVID-19 Weekly Update: Tuesday, Nov. 17, 2020
Last night, Governor Reynolds announced a number of new public health measures to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. These measures took effect at midnight. By and large, these changes will not impact Morningside due to the guidelines we already have in place. However, you are encouraged to read the updates for your own knowledge and awareness.
Along those lines, a number of other states have enacted additional public health measures in the last week. Anyone planning to travel to another state or country during Winter Break is strongly encouraged to review updated guidelines for your destination.
I also want to reiterate that wearing a mask, limiting close contact with others, and making good choices remain the most important steps you can take to protect yourself and others from COVID-19.
Below, you will find additional information about testing and other options available to you on-campus prior to and during break. Please read this information carefully in case you need it.
For Students Departing for Winter Break On or Before Nov. 25
- Develop a departure plan and follow all checkout processes and procedures.
- Wear a mask and limit close contact with others to prevent potential exposure prior to departing campus, as well as to protect the loved ones you may be in contact with during Winter Break.
- If you are symptomatic or have been directly exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID-19, the last day to test at the on-campus Test Iowa site and receive your results prior to your departure is Friday, Nov. 20. As a reminder, the test site no longer has set hours. You must schedule an appointment in advance.
- If a positive test or exposure to COVID-19 changes your travel plans or requires you to remain on campus, Residence Life can assist you with securing on-campus housing after residence halls close on Nov. 25. Please contact Residence Life immediately if you find yourself in this situation.
For Students and Employees On-Campus During Winter Break
- The Test Iowa site will be closed Wednesday, Nov. 25-Sunday, Nov. 29, for Thanksgiving Break. Beginning Monday, Nov. 30, testing will be available by appointment only Monday-Friday through Friday, Dec. 18. Please follow the instructions for setting up an appointment here. The testing site will reopen prior to the start of spring semester.
- Students who become ill or who are exposed to COVID-19 once the Test Iowa site is closed should utilize their preferred health care provider for testing.
We have one week to go, Morningside. Thank you for continuing to take care of one another and yourselves. Wear your mask, study hard, and make good choices.