I am pleased to report we did see a decline in new cases on campus this week. Should we be able to maintain or continue to see a decline in new cases next week, we will re-evaluate our operating level.
We will remain in Operating Level ORANGE. Again, if new cases on campus remain stable or continue to decline through this week, we will likely look at returning to Operating Level Yellow.
Negative Test Results in Quarantine
Per CDC and Iowa Dept. of Public Health guidance, a negative test while you are quarantined does not reduce or end your 14-day quarantine period. We have seen multiple examples of students not becoming symptomatic until late in their quarantine. By remaining in quarantine, you are reducing the risk of transmitting the virus to others.
Soccer and Saturday's Football Game
Due to a COVID-19 outbreak at Hasting College, the men's and women's soccer matches and football game scheduled for this week have been postponed.
Please do your part so we can get back to yellow
Keep following these basic guidelines:
- WEAR A FACE COVERING.
- Wash your hands. Frequently.
- Physically distance from others.
- Practice self care, and care for others in the community by following the guidelines.
- Follow occupancy guidelines in the residence halls.
- Avoid large gatherings and limit being in close contact with others (less than six feet, longer than 15 minutes).
We are headed in the right direction, Morningside. Please keep following the guidelines and doing your part to care for yourselves and others.