Read a reminder about COVID-19 fan protocols and preparing for winter break.
With the weekend approaching, we wanted to share a couple of important reminders and updates.
- As of today, we are scheduled to have our last home football game on Saturday. Please keep in mind that our attendance policies remain in effect. You will need a Morningside ID or pass to get into the game, bags will be checked, masks must be worn, and no outside beverages/beverage containers are allowed. Read the full set of guidelines here.
- The Test Iowa site will close for Thanksgiving Break Wednesday, Nov. 25-Sunday, Nov. 29. Students leaving campus for Winter Break will need to test no later than tomorrow, Friday, Nov. 20, in order to receive results before break begins.
- As a reminder, the test site will be available by appointment only now through Dec. 18. Directions for scheduling an appointment can be found here.
- We have heard a few community members wonder about being tested before leaving as a precautionary measure. The CDC and other public health entities have emphasized that a negative test alone is not a good indicator of knowing whether or not you have or will develop coronavirus unless you have undergone a strict quarantine for 14 days prior to the test. Read more here.
- While we know it may be tempting to gather and celebrate the end of the semester this weekend, we urge you to exercise great caution – especially if you will be traveling to see loved ones next week. Though our campus counts have remained relatively low, Sioux City and the entire nation are experiencing the highest COVID-19 numbers yet. Please make good choices and protect yourself and others.