Campus Update: April 23
Dear Faculty & Staff -
We have learned that the spouse of an employee who has been working on campus has tested positive for COVID-19. The employee has NOT tested positive for COVID-19 and is NOT symptomatic. In an abundance of caution, the impacted employee and employees that had been working in the same space have been asked to work from home for the next two weeks. We are also closing the impacted office space and will be deep cleaning both the space and the building.
As a reminder, if you or someone in your family tests positive for COVID-19, please be sure to alert Human Resources, even if you have not been working on campus. Please continue to practice good hygiene and social distancing, and continue to work for home if it works for you and your supervisor. Our on-campus nurse, Judi Neswick, has provided some helpful reminders below.
Symptoms of COVID-19
- Fever (100.4 or greater)
- Shortness of Breath
Tips for Prevention and Monitoring
- Be alert for symptoms of fever, cough, and shortness of breath.
- If symptoms develop, closely monitor your temperature.
- Practice social distancing.
- Wash your hands frequently and practice good hygiene.
- Follow guidelines from the CDC and the Iowa Department of Public Health.