IRA Charitable Rollover

Mside fans

You can use your Individual Retirement Account (IRA) to make a gift to your favorite charitable organizations, including Morningside College. Individuals age 70 ½ and older can now instruct their IRA administrators to make a direct distribution to Morningside and exclude the amount of the gift from their gross income for federal tax purposes.

To be eligible:

  • You must be 70½ years of age or older at time of distribution
  • Total charitable gifts cannot exceed $100,000 per taxpayer each year
  • Transfers from traditional and Roth IRAs must be made directly from the account administrator to Morningside College.

To make a gift:

  • Contact your IRA administrator to request a charitable distribution to Morningside College (Tax ID: 42-0680400)
  • Instruct your IRA administrator to indicate you or the donor’s name on the check and specify that the gift is an IRA charitable distribution.
  • Send the check to:

Morningside College
Institutional Advancement Office
1501 Morningside Avenue
Sioux City, IA 51106