IRA Charitable Rollover
You can use your Individual Retirement Account (IRA) to make a gift to your favorite charitable organizations, including Morningside College. Individuals age 70 ½ and older can now instruct their IRA administrators to make a direct distribution to Morningside and exclude the amount of the gift from their gross income for federal tax purposes.
To be eligible:
- You must be 70½ years of age or older at time of distribution
- Total charitable gifts cannot exceed $100,000 per taxpayer each year
- Transfers from traditional and Roth IRAs must be made directly from the account administrator to Morningside College.
To make a gift:
- Contact your IRA administrator to request a charitable distribution to Morningside College (Tax ID: 42-0680400)
- Instruct your IRA administrator to indicate you or the donor’s name on the check and specify that the gift is an IRA charitable distribution.
- Send the check to:
Institutional Advancement Office
1501 Morningside Avenue
Sioux City, IA 51106