In order to provide all our students with the possibility to achieve their greatest potential, we provide every full-time undergraduate student with a laptop computer. Each computer comes equipped with the software necessary to complete coursework. We also offer a two-year technology refresh, so you will receive a brand new computer before your third year at Morningside!
We also offer a full-service, computer-repair department dedicated to helping with your technology needs. Full-service print stations are available around the campus, along with color printers available in Olsen Student Center and Buhler Rohlfs Hall.
Highlights of the Campus Tech/Notebook Computer Program:
- Up-to-date laptop with a three-year limited warranty
- On-campus walk-in technical support
- Use of loaner computer for extended repairs
- Campus-wide wireless network and high-speed internet
- Moodle, CampusWeb, Google Apps, and other related resources
- Print stations in residence halls, academic buildings, and common facilities
- Campus library and online resources
Services and Equipment
If you have a college-issued computer, we have full-time technical staff and Student Technology Assistants available to fix problems and answer questions. These services include:
Computer Hardware Services
- Hardware repairs
- Password issues
- Network connectivity issues
- Assignment & inventory of student, faculty, staff computers
- Print station connectivity issues
- Service for faculty/staff, and lab computers.
Computer Software Services
- Software diagnostics and repair of standard-issue software
- Troubleshoot software issues
- Removal of software and data in the event of corruption
- Re-imaging of standard-issue software to the original state