Whether you're interested in choral music, instrumental music, or theatre productions, our Performing Arts Visit Days are for you! High school seniors can choose between Thursday, December 3, or Friday, December 4. Come see for yourself what makes #Msidethebestside. Meet with our directors to learn about your favorite ensembles, engage with current Morningside student performers and witness the behind-the-scenes of the rehearsal process, speak with stellar faculty from Music Education or Music Theory emphasis areas, and even take a private lesson with one of our talented instructors.
This immersive experience will help you envision your experience as a performing arts student at Morningside. In order to help protect your health, we have implemented new precautionary measures for campus visits. Please read those guidelines below.
All high school seniors that attend a performing arts visit day will receive a free Mustang Hydro Flask and a $1,000 visit grant!
Components of the visit day:
- Facility tour of Eppley/MacCollin or Klinger Neal Theatre with one of the following:
- Ryan Person, Director of Choral Activities
- Erik Mahon, Director of Jazz Studies
- Taylor Clemens, Asst. Director of Performing Arts
- Speak with current music students about music at Morningside and view videos of a past performance and rehearsal highlights
- Private lesson and/or scholarship audition with a professor from your primary interest area (Talent Grant awarded on the spot!)
- Meet with faculty in your academic area of interest
- Take a tour of campus with a Student Ambassador
- Join us for a free lunch on campus