A student may request transfer of credit into a Graduate Program in Education degree program by completing this Request for Transfer of Credit form and supplying the appropriate information/materials. A total of 9 semester hours of graduate credit may be transferred from other institutions only if the credits are appropriate to the degree. It is the student’s responsibility to submit all required documentation; incomplete materials will not be reviewed. Credits will be considered for transfer into a master’s degree if all of the following criteria are met:
- Credit was awarded by a regionally accredited institution.
- Course was taken for graduate credit.
- A letter grade of at least B was earned; courses with grades of P, S, or CR are not accepted for transfer.
- A syllabus for each course is submitted for review.
- Credit represents courses equivalent to the content or performance standards of Morningside courses.
- Course credits meet the U.S. Department of Education’s definition of rigor through HLC Accreditation; i.e., a minimum of 40 hours of course activities per hour of credit.
- Credits meet the recency requirement of being completed no more than three calendar years prior to formal admission.
- An official transcript from the transfer school must be on file with the Graduate Program in Education.
If the request for transfer is approved, the transfer credit will appear on all Morningside College transcripts, official and unofficial. Students should expect to receive notification, via email, of the evaluation results within four weeks of receipt of the request and all required documentation.
Request to Transfer Credit to your degree program today!