Steps to Admission
Graduate Education Admission Requirements
- Admission Requirements are the same for the Master of Arts in Teaching and Iowa Endorsement Programs.
- Review the admissions requirements and check to see if you reside within an NC-SARA member state.
- Complete the admissions application.
- Don't have a teaching license, but have a bachelor's degree? One of our Master of Arts in Teaching Initial Licensure programs might be a great fit for you!
- Submit official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate coursework
- You are required to have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum grade point average of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale. If you do not have a 2.75 cumulative GPA, the last 60 hours of coursework completed will be considered under the same requirements. If you are denied admission because of failure to meet the GPA requirements, you will be allowed to register for coursework. After completing eight graduate credit hours, you will be admitted if you maintain a minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
Transcript Submission Requirements
We require official transcripts to be sent directly to the Graduate Education program from the institution.
We accept electronic transcripts from either (a) an institution or (b) from an established provider, sent directly from the institution or established provider to Graduate Education. Established providers include: Script Safe, Parchment, National Student Clearinghouse, Docufide, SENDedu, etc. Designated officials from institutions (i.e., Registrar) or third-party vendors.
Additionally, we accept official transcripts by mail if sent from the institution directly to the Graduate Program in Education. Please have institutions mail official transcripts to the following address:
Graduate Education Program
1501 Morningside Avenue
Sioux City, IA 51106