For the love of learning
May Term at Morningside College gives students the opportunity to take a class not normally offered. Many courses involve travel both across the US and abroad, while there are also several options for students on campus.
The courses offered during May Term are designed by faculty and allow students to learn about unique topics. On campus May Term classes have included the science of cooking, the mathematics of baseball statistics and much more.
Some of the traveling May Term courses have gone to such places as New York, Hawaii, England, Germany, Ireland and Paris.
The May Term curriculum changes each year and completion of at least one May Term class is required for graduation. Students who are enrolled in the preceding Spring Term may enroll in one May Term course for no tuition, although students who take advantage of a traveling May Term course are required to pay for the cost of the travel.
Approved 2016 traveling May Term classes include:
- Culture, Food and Education in Brazil
- Visual Arts in NYC
- Washington, DC: A Capital Experience
- Service Learning in Baja Mexico
- Germany, Italy and Switzerland
- Coastal Oceanography (Savannah, GA)
- Exploration of Hawai'i
- Southern Spain
- Desert Ecology (Several deserts in North America including the Grand Canyon)
- A Taste of France
- Disney and Society: How Disney affects the world we live in (Walt Disney World Resort)