JOB TITLE: Grounds/Maintenance Intern
HOURS: Variable hours up to 20-30 per week
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with the planting and maintaining of company flower beds.
- Assist with mowing and trimming grass, water trees, pull weeds, pick-up trash, sweep walk and parking lot, empty trash cans, inside maintenance and driving company vehicle as needed to support these activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable MVR and be able to obtain the DOT Medical Examiner's Certificate.
- Required to wear appropriate clothing and safety gear
- Maintain confidentiality in all matters
- Commitment to GWCC customer service philosophy
- Integrity and ethics; open, honest and trustworthy
- Dependability through timeliness and attendance
- Participation in continuing education
Educational/Vocational Training: Must be enrolled and actively attending an accredited college, university or technical school: Horticulture or landscaping major preferred.
Work Experience: Preference will be given to candidates with work experience in horticulture or landscaping setting,
- Ability to operate power equipment and the handling of fuel and chemicals. (Training and safety equipment will be provided by GWCC).
- Ability to take direction.
- Ability to perform as a team member as well as an individual contributor.
- Specific physical requirements, ability to:
- work in hot humid weather and operate tractors and mowing equipment.
- regularly use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear;
- frequently stand, walk, kneel and sit;
- occasionally required to operate a motor vehicle;
- occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds;
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Apply on-line or send cover letter/resume outlining your skills, experience, and salary history by March 12, 2008 to:
DeeAnn Zimmerman, Sr. Staffing Specialist or Brandi Kluender, Staffing Specialist
Human Resource Department
Great West Casualty Company
PO Box 277
South Sioux City, NE 68776
An Equal Opportunity Employer