Dimmitt is the largest residence hall on campus. It is capable of housing about 385 students in two-, three- or four-person rooms. Each of its 15 different floors provides a small community feel. This summer, Morningside College will complete a $14 million renovation to Dimmitt Hall, preserving the history of the building while at the same time modernizing the facility to meet the needs of today's students.
Why choose Dimmitt?
- It is close to Elwood Olsen Stadium and Rosen Verdoorn Sport Center.
- After years of having no air conditioning, it will be completely air conditioned and residents will have much more control over the heating system.
- After renovations are complete, there will be lounges where the halls intersect, creating community space for students to gather.
- Laundry facilities throughout the building.
- Adjacent to the informal lounge there will be a community kitchen, fitness center and music practice room.