Morningside believes that living on campus is an integral part of the college experience. Therefore, all full-time undergraduate students who have not yet attained senior status are required to live on campus. Students may be permitted to live off campus if they:
- Have obtained at least 91 credits.
- Are married.
- Have dependent children living with them.
- Will reach their 23rd birthday before the end of the current semester.
- Are living with a parent, grandparent, guardian or adult brother or sister within 45 miles of Morningside College.
- Have a college-endorsed internship, clinical placement or are student teaching outside the Siouxland area.
- Are a veteran.
In order to be approved to live off campus, students must submit a Request for Housing Policy Exemption to the Residence Life Office and have their application approved by the housing committee.
Students who have not completed the Housing Policy Exemption form and have not received written approval to live off campus are in violation of housing policy and will be charged a regular double room rate.
Financial Aid Notification: Any changes in enrollment and/or living arrangements at any time before or during the award year should be reported to the Office of Financial Planning. Your financial aid award may be adjusted.