Morningside President Search Update: Feb. 16, 2021
Last Friday, the Board of Directors convened for a virtual retreat. The majority of our day was spent in consultation with AGB Search to prepare for the upcoming presidential search and transition. I am pleased to report that we had a productive day.
The discussion that took place and the questions asked by board members were in-depth and wide ranging. While there will be opportunities for all of you to ask questions and get more information as well, I want you to know that the board and I walked away feeling confident in the search and AGB. We are all committed to finding the right leader for Morningside's culture, the times, and the work ahead, and AGB is well-prepared to help us make that happen.
Below is a rough timeline for the first part of the search process. As each of these steps draws closer, more details will be shared.
- March 2021: Search Committee will be identified by the Board of Directors Executive Committee; various constituency groups will be asked to nominate possible candidates for the committee - watch your email for those details
- March - April 2021: AGB Search will conduct listening sessions with stakeholder groups
- Late April 2021: Search Committee will convene to approve search profile and marketing items
- May 14 - 15: Board of Directors will provide feedback and/or approve profile at board meeting
- June - July 2021: Targeted recruiting to inform strong candidates of upcoming search
- Early August 2021: Official launch of search
Based on this timeline, the board and AGB hope to interview semifinalists in early fall and invite finalists to campus in early November. Should that timeline stand, a new president may be named as early as December 2021, though that could adjust slightly as work progresses.
Beginning the search for a new president is one of the first steps in a time of change and transition for Morningside, and Friday's board retreat served as an important reminder of the great things happening on this campus and the many people who are deeply invested in this special place. I hope each of you will actively engage in the search process and participate in these important conversations to ensure the president search is successful.
I look forward to continuing to work with you as this process unfolds.
Morningside College Board of Directors
Search Committee Chair
Current Board Chair