This strand is a series of six 3-credit courses developed in partnership with and using the curriculum of the National Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association (NIAAA). They can be used to achieve certification through the NIAAA.
- EDUC 750 Foundations of Athletic Program Management - 3 credits
- EDUC 751 Athletic Facilities Management - 3 credits
- EDUC 752 Building Character in Student Athletes - 3 credits
- EDUC 753 Legal Issues for Athletic Programs - 3 credits
- EDUC 754 Special Topics for Athletic Program Management - 3 credits
- EDUC 755 Athletic Program Leadership - 3 credits
Total credit hours in strand = 18
An educational strand is a series of clearly defined courses focused on a specific academic topic. These sequenced strands provide students an opportunity to expand their knowledge with courses not traditionally available within our Program’s general offerings. While the classes within each strand can be used within the master’s degree as electives, these courses do not lead to any Iowa endorsement.