The M.A.T. Professional Educator track can benefit every type of teacher
We designed our M.A.T. Professional Educator graduate degree program to help all educators across the U.S. You'll gain practical experience you can apply to your teaching practice. Best of all, everything is 100% online.
Our degree is broken into two parts: the Professional Foundations Core classes, required courses for all degree seekers and the Professional Teaching Core classes, 18 hours selected by the student. Our master's degree requires a total of 36 graduate credits completed within a seven year time frame.
Professional Foundation Core
18 graduate credits
Gain a broad knowledge base through educational theory study, research, and practice. These courses address the Five Core Propositions of the National Board of Professional Teaching Standards, the Iowa Teaching Standards, and the Graduate Program in Education's Student Learning Outcomes.
- EDUC 502 Learning in Educational Settings
- EDUC 512 Issues in Education
- EDUC 522 Instructional Technology
- EDUC 611 Student Diversity and Educational Practice
- EDUC 697 Educational Research
- EDUC 698 Data Collection and Analysis
- EDUC 699 Interpreting and Reporting Educational Research
Professional Teaching Core
18 graduate credits selected by the student from the following options:
- Online graduate courses offered by Morningside College. See full course descriptions.
- Transfer Credit - Students may transfer up to 9 graduate credits (B- grade or above) into a master's degree program, subject to approval.
- Educational Partners - Students may take up to 8 credit hours from our approved partner courses and apply them toward a master's degree program.
- FOR IOWA EDUCATORS ONLY - Choose an endorsement option that meets your professional goals. Learn more about the approved Iowa endorsement requirements chekcing out our Online Iowa Endorsement Programs.