The Sharon Walker School of Education Mission and Student Learning Outcomes
The Sharon Walker School of Education at Morningside College aspires to cultivate highly effective educators who are committed to the belief that every student will learn.
To carry out this mission, Morningside College offers a Master of Arts in Teaching and many Iowa approved graduate teaching endorsements. Our program supports you as a professional as you continue to develop the knowledge and skills of an effective educator -- preparing you to be a role model in schools.
Graduate Student Learning Outcomes
Our Graduate Program in Education's goal is to improve the professional practice. As a master teacher, you'll learn to:
- Use appropriate assessment techniques to improve student learning.
- Conduct, analyze, and synthesize research.
- Candidates will assist students to become collaborative and active learners.
- Use technology to support student learning.
- Use critical thinking skills to evaluate trends and issues in education.