Questions about Graduate Education? You are in the right place.
Using our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page will save you time in finding answers about the Graduate Education program at Morningside College. If you are unable to find your answer, contact email@example.com.
If you are a current student who has login credentials, additional information can be found under the Graduate Education Student Resource Center.
Getting Started - Program Questions
What programs are offered by Graduate Education?
- Feel free to look over our online catalog for information on all of our programs.
What are the degree requirements for the Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.)?
- You will find our degree requirements under Online Degree Options on our website.
Do I need to apply to take classes part time?
- It is always best to apply before taking classes. Apply Today!
Can I take classes online?
- All of our Graduate Education classes are offered 100% online.
How do I find out which program is right for me?
- Our online catalog is the most comprehensive document for learning about everything our program has to offer.
Will this program help me become a licensed teacher?
- Our Graduate Education does not lead to initial teacher licensure in any state
What are the differences between your degree, education strands, and Iowa endorsements?
- Please refer to our website for more information on the differences between our degree options, education strands and Iowa endorsements.
I am still an undergraduate student. Can I apply to the Graduate Education program?
- Anyone can apply to the Graduate Education program, however applicants must meet the admission requirements before getting admitted. See Admission Requirements for more information.
Application Process - Requirements
When can I apply?
What is required to complete my application?
- Please review our Admission Requirements on our website.
What is the minimum GPA required in order to be considered for admission?
- A 3.0 Cumulative GPA is required for admission.
How do I get my official transcripts to you?
- Transcripts can be mailed, faxed directly from institution to institution, or send electronically from Script Safe, Parchment, National Student Clearinghouse, Docufide, SENDedu, etc. You will find more information on how to submit transcripts under Admission Requirements on our website.
Do you require a writing sample as part of the application process?
- No, we do not require a writing sample. Please review our Admission Requirements on our website for the most current information on admissions.
Is there an application deadline?
- Check the academic calendar for application deadlines.
How will I know if you have received my application and official transcripts?
- You will receive and email, within one week of submitting your application, outlining what admission requirements are still outstanding. Once all requirements have been met you will be notified with a letter of admission or denial.
My application is complete, what happens next? How will I be notified if I am admitted or not?
- You will receive a formal letter of admission or denial in the mail within a week of receiving all required documents for admission.
If I previously applied, can my application be re-activated?
- Yes, if you were an admitted student, you only need to submit the Program Change/Request Form to activate your student account again. If you were never admitted, you will need to call the office at 712-274-5375 to reactivate your student account.
Enrollment - Registration
What classes are you offering this semester?
- Check out our Course List to view all the courses we are offering for the semester we are currently accepting enrollment.
How do I register for courses?
- Use our Online Registration Instructions to register yourself online. If you are having difficulty getting yourself registered, call the office at 712-274-5375 for assistance.
How to I drop a course?
- Instructions for how to drop a course online can be found in our Online Registration Instructions.
- Drop a course form
Can I add course after online registration closes?
- Yes, you will need to call the office at 712-274-5375 for assistance.
How do I drop a course after online registration closes?
- Call the office at 712-274-5375 for assistance.
- Drop a course form
How can I check my course schedule?
- Please refer to our Online Registration Instructions.
Okay, I am registered. How do I know if I need a book or books for my class(es)?
- All required texts for the semester we are currently accepting enrollment are included in our Book List.
Billing - Financial Aid
Do you offer financial aid to graduate students?
- Yes, please refer to the Tuition & Financial Aid page on our website.
What sources of financial aid exist for graduate students?
- Please refer to our Financial Aid & Grants page on our website.
Where can I find the form to apply for financial aid?
- You will find the financial aid application on the Financial Aid & Grants page on our website.
How do I let you know I want financial aid?
- Apply for financial aid or contact the financial aid office at 712-274-5159.
When do I apply for financial aid?
- Please check the Graduate Calendar for specific due dates for financial aid.
Who processes my financial aid?
- The Financial Planning Office in the Student Financial Planning Office processes all financial aid for graduate students.
How and when will I be billed for my coursework?
- Billing generally occurs shortly before courses begin for the semester. All bills are available online. Paper billing is not available. To access your account, login to CampusWeb and select "Billing Inquiry".
Where should I direct questions about my bill?
- All billing questions should be directed to the Business Office at 712-274-5117.
New Student - Account Information
How do I access my student account information?
- All student account information can be accessed through our MySide Portal.
- Video instructions on how to get started at MsideBasics
- Registration, grades, and billing information can be found under CampusWeb.
What is my Morningside email address and how to I access it?
- Gmail hosts all Morningside email accounts. Access your email by choosing the Mail link on top of the MySide Portal page or go directly to Gmail.com.
- If you can not locate your Morningside email log in credentials, email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Where should I direct questions I have about Moodle?
- Moodle is the online course management software Morningside College uses for all of our online courses. Any questions bout Moodle should be directed to eClass4Learning.
Licensing Information - Current and Prospective Students
What teaching certificate, endorsement, or credential will I earn once I complete the Master of Arts in Teaching program at Morningside College?
- The degree program through Graduate Education does not provide any sort of licensing to teachers. Teachers must be licensed before being admitted to our program If you are an Iowa teacher, it is possible for you to complete one of our Iowa approved endorsement programs as part of your degree plan. However, our degree program does not lead to any sort of certificate, endorsement, credential, or licensing outside of Iowa.
How do I add an endorsement to my Iowa teaching license?
- You will find that information here: Adding an Iowa endorsement to your Iowa teaching license.
I completed one of the Iowa endorsement programs, can I use it for my license in a state outside of Iowa?
- Iowa endorsements are only valid in Iowa. If another state accepts the courses you took through our Graduate Education program toward adding a certificate, endorsement, credential, or license it is purely a coincidence. Morningside is not approved to offer licensing programs in any state outside of Iowa.
I need a form completed to verify that I completed my teacher prep program at Morningside College; who do I send the form to at Morningside to verify the program I completed through the undergradute or graduate education program?
- Paper forms can be mailed or emailed to Joan Shaputis 1501 Morningside Avenue, Sioux City, Iowa 51106
I am new to teaching in Iowa and just received an exchange license from the Iowa Board of Educational Examiners; now I need to take extra classes to get my full Iowa license, what do I do next?
- Please complete the following form for further assistance: Regional Exchange License - Help
- Must have a Morningside email account to access this form.