Birth-21 Special Education Consultant
- Hold a master’s degree in education or special education
- Hold an endorsement in special education
- Have 4 years of teaching experience; of which, at least 2 are in special education
- SPED 560 Consulting in the Schools - 3 credits
- SPED 561 Curriculum and Instructional Design - 3 credits
- SPED 564 Data Collection for Decision-Making - 3 credits
Total required for the endorsement: 9 credits
Iowa Endorsement Requirements
Persons seeking an Iowa endorsement may, in most cases, satisfy the requirements with a combination of undergraduate and graduate hours. A transcript analysis done by the Recommending Official will indicate which courses the student needs to complete Morningside’s Iowa approved endorsement program.
Please note that Morningside College cannot confirm whether the endorsements meet requirements for licensure in states outside of Iowa. Students should check with the licensing board in their state.