K-8 Instructional Strategist I: Mild/Moderate
New for students admitted Fall 2018!
- SPED 878 Survey of Exceptionalities - 3 credits
- SPED 536 Applied Behavior Analysis - 4 credits
- SPED 551 Educational Assessment - 3 credits
- SPED 640 Mild/Moderate Characteristics & Methods - 4 credits
- SPED 676 Collaborative Partners & Transition - 3 credits
- SPED 681 K-8 Reading Remediation Strategies - 2 credits
- SPED 683 K-8 Mild/Moderate Math Materials and Methods - 2 credits
- SPED 641 Internship for IS I: K-8 - 3 credits
Total credits required for the endorsement: 24
Persons seeking an Iowa endorsement may, in most cases, satisfy the requirements with a combination of undergraduate and graduate hours. A transcript analysis done by the Recommending Official will indicate which courses the student needs to complete Morningside’s Iowa approved endorsement program.
Please note that Morningside College cannot confirm whether the endorsements meet requirements for licensure in states outside of Iowa. Students should check with the licensing board in their state.