K-12 English as a Second Language (ESL)
- EDUC 705 ESL Methods - 3 credits
- EDUC 710 ESL Assessment - 3 credits
- EDUC 715 Linguistics for ESL Learners -3 credits
- EDUC 720 Language, Culture and Classroom Practice - 3 credits
- EDUC 725 Second Language Acquisition - 3 credits
- EDUC 730 K-8 or EDUC 731 5-12 Internship - 3 credits
Total required for the endorsement: 18 credits
Iowa Endorsement Requirements
Persons seeking an Iowa endorsement may, in most cases, satisfy the requirements with a combination of undergraduate and graduate hours. A transcript analysis done by the Recommending Official will indicate which courses the student needs to complete Morningside’s Iowa approved endorsement program.
Please note that Morningside College cannot confirm whether the endorsements meet requirements for licensure in states outside of Iowa. Students should check with the licensing board in their state.