Graduate Program in Education Forms
- Application for Admission
- Request for Transfer of Credit degree-seeking students only
- Program Request Change admitted students only
Reading Capstone Approval
- Your @Morningside email account will be used for all communication regarding your EDUC 767 Reading Capstone application.
- Students must be admitted to the Graduate Program in Education to be considered for Reading Capstone.
- There are no summer Reading Capstones.
- The Capstone is generally scheduled for a half semester. You may take the Capstone during either the early or last semester session. If there are any special circumstances that may affect your Capstone schedule, please contact the Reading Coordinator.
- You must complete all of the courses on your Reading program of study prior to taking the Capstone. If you are taking the final course for the Reading endorsement the semester in which you apply for the Capstone, approval will be finalized after all grades have been posted to your student records at the end of the semester.
Capstone Application Checklist
You will need to have the following information available before starting to enter in the application.
- Student Information: your full name, phone number, Morningside email, and Morningside ID number. To locate your ID number, click on My Biographical Info in your Morningside CampusWEB account. It is the seven-digit number in parentheses after your name.
The EDUC 767 Reading Capstone class for the K-8 and 5-12 Reading endorsements requires a minimum of 40 hours of work reflecting upon ALL of the reading courses (graduate AND undergraduate) required for the endorsement. Those courses reflected upon are (or align with):
- EDUC 760 Reading Assessment
- EDUC 761 Reading in the Content Areas
- EDUC 762 Diagnostic Teaching of Reading & Practicum
- EDUC 763 Oral & Written Language Development
- EDUC 764 Literacy for Grades K-4 & Practicum (K-8 endorsement only)
- EDUC 765 Literacy for Grades 5-8 & Practicum
- EDUC 766 Literacy for Grades 9-12 & Practicum (5-12 endorsement only)
- EDUC 870 Adolescent Literature (5-12 endorsement only)
- EDUC 872 Children’s Literature (K-8 endorsement only)
If courses were taken at another college or university, you are still responsible to reflect on your learning in those classes.
Contact George Wm. Holland, Reading Coordinator at 563-582-2663 (home), 563-581-8737 (cell), or email@example.com.