A program built for working nurses
Expand your nursing knowledge, gain leadership skills, and reach your desired level of practice. Our Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree prepares you for what's next in your medical career.
The faculty at the Nylen School of Nursing help you build on your existing skills. Our flexible nursing program also allows you to continue to work as an RN while earning your master’s degree.
Master of Science in Nursing tracks
You can choose from three tracks:
- Clinical Nurse Leader
- Family Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
We also offer certificates for nurses deciding whether to pursue the full program or wishing to further their skills after earning an MSN.
What you can expect from the MSN program
- Convenient, online classroom setting
- Flexible coursework schedules
- Fall, spring, and summer semester options
- Dynamic collaboration with other students and faculty
- Individual feedback and mentorship from faculty
- Opportunities to build your professional network
- Flexible on-campus residency options (For specific courses, students visit campus for a day of hands-on learning in advanced nursing and for competency test-outs.)