All active Morningside College undergraduate students, faculty, and staff who are ill or have been exposed to COVID-19 are eligible to be tested at Morningside's on-campus Test Iowa site. Individuals not associated with Morningside are not eligible to be tested at this site. Beginning February 2021, the on-campus test site will be using rapid tests as its primary testing method.
THE TEST SITE WILL BE CLOSED THE WEEK OF SPRING BREAK (MARCH 6-14).
Morningside's Test Iowa site is located in the Alumni House. Students are asked to enter through the east door (closest to Olsen Student Center).
How to schedule your rapid test
1. Call 712-202-8186 to schedule your appointment
- Please leave a message if your call is not answered
- You will be asked a series of questions about your symptoms and/or exposure to COVID-19
- You will asked to provide an email address so you can receive a link to a form that you must complete prior to your test
- You will be scheduled for a day/time to take your rapid test on campus
2. Complete the form you are emailed before your rapid test
3. Present at the Alumni House at your scheduled test time
- Be sure to have completed the form you were emailed prior to arrival
- Wear a mask and have your Morningside ID
- Based on your symptoms, the Campus Nurse may provide you with further direction for quarantine or isolation
- Once your test is complete, you should return to your residence hall or home to await test results
- If your rapid test result is positive, you will be notified by phone within a few hours of your test and must immediately begin isolation procedure
- If your rapid test is negative, you will receive an email within 24 hours stating as much, and the Campus Nurse may contact you with further directions depending on your symptomatology and exposure
- All individuals who are tested or vaccinated for COVID-19 are strongly encouraged to keep documentation of any test results or vaccinations as you may be asked to produce them. If you are tested or vaccinated through an off-campus health organization or physician, you should request documentation of those results.
What to expect when being tested for COVID-19
This video offers a general overview of what you can expect when you are tested for COVID-19
This video provides a more detailed look at a COVID-19 test, including a demonstration of the test.