Mustang Cheer & Dance Tryout Information
Auditions for the 2018-19 season
Attire: black sports bra or plain black tank top, black spandex shorts.
Dance audition information:
- Own dance routine: Perform a dance routine of your choice that you already know. Must be jazz, pom or lyrical style routine. Must be a minimum of one minute and a maximum of 2:15.
- Morningside dance: You will learn a short Morningside dance routine at the audition.
- Leaps: Right/left split leap, right/left side leap, turning disc (turning toe touch) and calypso (front leg fan, back leg attitude).
- Turns: Pirroute (minimum triple), a la secondes (straight-leg fouettes).
- Extra skills: Tumbling (aerial, front or back walkover, etc.), hip hop tricks (kip up, head spring, etc.).
Cheer audition information:
- Own cheers: Perform two cheers that you already know.
- Morningside cheers: You will learn two Morningside cheers at the audition.
- Jumps: Toe touch, right/left front hurdler, pike, double toe touch, another double jump of your choosing.
- Tumbling: Advanced tumbling recommended; basic tumbling required (cartwheel, forward roll, round off).
- Stunting: You will learn basic stunt to do at the audition. If you have done more advanced stunting it will be noted (you can show videos of stunting as well).
If distance is an issue and you are unable to come to campus for a one-on-one tryout you are able to send in a video tryout. For more information about a video tryout contact Coach Alisha Steckler at email@example.com.