What do I need to transfer to Morningside?
- Students with 27 or more transferable college credits need a minimum transfer GPA of 2.25.
- Students with less than 27 transferable college credits follow high school student standards, including minimum ACT score of 20 or SAT score of 1410 if you have three scores and 940 if you have two scores.
You also must have ranked in the top half of your class OR have had a cumulative high school GPA of 2.5 or better (based on a 4.0 scale).
Students who have been out of school for more than five years aren’t required to present ACT or SAT scores.
Will my credits transfer?
Check out our Transfer of Credit Policy.
What if I'm coming from a community college?
Then we have some handy guides for you.
How do I transfer to Morningside?
It’s all about giving you everything you need for a smooth transition. From targeted academic advising to financial planning, our transfer counselor will work with you every step of the way.
Take care of this right away. You can complete your Morningside application on paper or online—and remember to submit your ACT or SAT scores as well. Best of all? It’s free.
2. Send us your transcripts
Request your transcripts from your high school, or send us your GED record. Please include transcripts from each college you have attended and mail them to:
1501 Morningside Ave.
Sioux City, IA 51106
3. Apply for financial aid
4. Pay the enrollment deposit
Upon acceptance, we will request a $100 enrollment deposit via check or credit card, via snail mail, online, or phone at 800-831-0806.
5. Complete your housing forms
After we receive your enrollment deposit, we’ll send you registration and campus housing information.
6. Complete your health form
Complete and return your Student Health Form.
7. Make your tech selection
Let us know if you would prefer to run Windows or Mac OS on the laptop you receive from us. You will be able to do this once your enrollment deposit has been paid.
8. Register for classes
You can register for classes by working with your admissions counselor.
Transfer Enrollment Days are May 16, May 17, June 12, July 24 and July 25. Contact Cindy Kinney to discuss enrollment day options.
Are you an athlete? Be sure to:
- Register through the NAIA Eligibility Center.
- Fill out the Athletic Training Department forms.
Call Cindy Kinney at 800-831-0806, x5190, or simply fill out our online contact form.