Graduate Program in Education Students

What do I need to apply for a graduate Education degree?

We try to keep our graduate admissions process as simple as possible. In order to be admitted to our education program, you need:

  • A bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0 in your program (based on a 4.0 scale)
  • A copy of your teaching license
  • A completed application
  • Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate coursework

Out of state applicant info

Before applying please verify that your state is an NC-SARA member state here:  If you are a resident in any of the NC-SARA states, apply today.  If you are a resident in any state that is not an NC-SARA member state, please contact the Graduate Program in Education to determine if Morningside College has obtained state approval to offer an online program within your state of residence.

Additional information about your transcripts:

Please mail hard copies of all official transcripts to us at:

Morningside College
Graduate Program in Education
1501 Morningside Avenue
Sioux City, IA  51106

You may also fax your official transcripts to: (712) 274-5488.

We will accept electronic transcripts, with a transcript key, as official transcripts as long as the transcripts are sent directly from an institution or from an established provider (such as Script Safe, Parchment, National Student Clearinghouse, Docufide, SENDedu, etc. Designated officials such as registrars and third-party vendors can email electronic transcripts to


Please feel free to contact the graduate office directly at 800-831-0806 x5375 or (712) 274-5375.  You can also email us at