The Education program at Morningside College offers three majors.
- Elementary Education leads to a Bachelor of Science degree and requires an additional concentration in an endorsement area for licensure.
- Secondary Teaching leads to a teaching license for grades 5-12 and requires a major in a secondary field such as art, biology, chemistry, English, history/government, mathematics, music, physics or Spanish.
- The Special Education dual major leads to the Instructional Strategist I endorsement in Iowa. You can combine a major in mild/moderate special education with a major in elementary education or a secondary teaching field.
Minors in the Education program at Morningside include special education and interdisciplinary teaching minors in many secondary content areas.
Morningside also offers endorsements in the Education program. They include:
- Reading endorsement
- Middle school endorsement
- Coaching endorsement/authorization