Students can choose from two tracks in the accounting major: Public Accounting with 150 credits required by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants OR Managerial Accounting to practice in private organizations.
- The Public Accounting major will make the students CPA ready.
- Our professors have all worked as accounting and business professionals, so they teach from experience.
- A solid core accounting and business curriculum provides the foundation for success in the modern business world.
- Morningside’s location in a regional retail, business, ag and healthcare hub provides opportunities for internships and externships for both private and public firms.
- Service learning opportunities include VITA – a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program for students to apply their skills to make a difference in their communities.