Flexible and available just for you
Morningside’s Graduate Education program is offered 100% online to make the program more accessible to you. This allows you to work and maintain your personal and professional aspirations, while still attaining a degree. With these bonuses also come differences, and this setting is much different from traditional classroom learning. Online learning does not include in-class or face-to-face teaching or conversations, and you must be prepared before starting your track.
- Log onto your course frequently. Make sure you are staying up-to-date with deadlines.
- Understand that you must be a self-directed learner.
- Take initiative.
- Become a researcher and analyzer.
- Be willing to provide constructive feedback to your colleagues.
- If you are lost or confused, ask.
- Online learning still takes time. Be prepared and schedule time into your calendar.
- Work on being flexible and patient; this includes technical issues or personal conflicts.
What makes a successful online student?
- They are able to communicate through writing. You will not be able to meet with your professor face-to-face, so take the time to be clear in your writing.
- Successful students are self-motivated and self-disciplined
- They are willing to speak up if problems arise.
- They understand that high-quality learning can happen outside a traditional classroom
Interested in Graduate Education?
If attended to, this program works to provide each student with their own way of learning. A successful student will use this flexibility to their advantage and will graduate with a master’s degree from Morningside College. Do you fit this program? Apply today!