Assistant Director of Annual Scholarship Fund
Morningside College is seeking an energetic and collaborative individual to fill the full time position of Assistant Director of Annual Scholarship Fund. This individual is responsible for developing and implementing strategies for securing financial support for the College from alumni, parents, friends, and businesses. He/she will be coordinating all fundraising campaigns: Direct Mail/Email Campaign; Parent’s Campaign; Alumni & Friends Telethon; Student Philanthropy Program; Siouxland Business Gifts Campaign; Athletic Fundraising Campaign.
• Plan, organize and execute the Direct Mail, Telethon, Siouxland Business and Parent’s Campaigns for the Annual Scholarship Fund that includes identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of constituents.
• Assist in the Faculty/Staff Campaign
• Personally develop and manage the Athletic Fundraising campaign
• Attend and support events and programs directly related to responsibilities, especially those sponsored by the College at large
• Participate in the prospect management process to further fundraising efforts
• Weekend and evening work will be required
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• 3-5 years of experience in development, or with strong achievement records in fundraising for non-academic organizations or in related areas such as sales, marketing or business
• Must be willing to travel
• Demonstrate knowledge of the principles and practices associated with fundraising in higher education
• Successful experience in making cold calls as well as developing cultivation and solicitation strategies
• Have strong computer skills as well as effective written and oral communication skills
Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume and references by email to email@example.com.