The Reproductive Research Center at Cleveland Clinic has an exciting summer internship opportunity for highly motivated, academically oriented medical or undergrad students interested in a career in medicine.
The Reproductive Research Center is a joint research program of Glickman Urological and Kidney Institute and the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology. Our research program is rated as a leading center of excellence at the world-class Cleveland Clinic, ranking fourth in the nation among America’s best hospitals by U.S. News & World Report.
The Reproductive Research Center summer internship offers students interested in research in human fertility and reproductive biology an opportunity to work with world-renowned scientists and researchers in the field. Our staff members publish frequently in the field’s most respected journals, are invited guest lecturers at courses and seminars around the world and are active in the leading professional societies in the field of human reproduction.
Our environment of academic and clinical collaboration offers an unsurpassed experience for students that includes
- · Exposure to a state-of-the-art research environment
- · Training in the art and science of how research is conducted
- · Mentorship by respected researchers at a world-renowned medical institution
- · A solid foundation for a future in medicine.
The Program’s Goal is to encourage students to consider a career in medicine, whether in the reproductive sciences or another specialty of their choosing. To this end, we have designed the summer internship to offer students a wide range of high quality experiences during an eight- to 12-week program:
- · Working alongside reproductive scientists and staff clinicians on interesting research projects in real laboratory environments.
- · Interacting with reproductive endocrinologists or male infertility specialists (urologists) and observing them in clinics and in surgery.
- · Attending weekly research meetings, lectures, didactics, journal clubs and group discussions. These interactions provide an understanding of how reproductive research is conducted.
- · Presenting research findings in departmental meetings.
- · Preparing and presenting PowerPoint talks at research conferences.
- · Acquiring skills in electronic database search, literature review and scientific writing of research reports.
- · Writing scientific articles and reviews in reproductive biology and human infertility.
- · Learning data compilation and analysis.
- · Understanding the application of statistical methods in basic and clinical reproductive science research.
Application and Selection:
Our selection procedure for summer internship positions is competitive. Interested applicants should submit the following:
- 1. Recent curriculum vitae/resume.
- 2. Two recent letters of recommendation from advisors, teachers, or persons who have a first hand knowledge of you.
- 3. Address, telephone number (for possible personal interview).
- 4. Provide the date when you can begin, if selected.
- 5. Provide a letter stating that you have finances to cover your stay as no stipend is available.
- 6. Proof of medical insurance
Applications should be submitted to:
Director, Reproductive Research Center
Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44195
Over the past 15 years we have trained more than 150 medical residents, physicians, medical students, undergraduate students and summer interns. Additional information and details about the program and available opportunities can be found on our website: www.ClevelandClinic.org/ReproductiveResearchCenter . For firsthand accounts from our alumni of their research experience with us, visit http://www.clevelandclinic.org/reproductiveresearchcenter/info/alumnims.html
We look forward to receiving applications from your students. Please feel free to contact us at 216.444.9485 or email@example.com with any questions about the program.
Ashok Agarwal, Ph.D, HCLD Tommaso Falcone, MD Edmund Sabanegh, MD
Professor of Surgery Professor of Surgery Head, Center for Male Infertility
Director, Reproductive Research Chair, Department OB/GYN Glickman Urological and Kidney
Glickman Urological and Kidney Cleveland Clinic Institute, Cleveland Clinic
Institute, Cleveland Clinic