HOURS: 8:30 – 4:30 Monday – Friday during the summer, Up to 20 hours during school year.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Legal Research - Research and analyze statutes, judicial decision, legal articles, codes, etc., to prepare memos, summaries, briefs, and legal documents for use by compliance attorneys.
2. Miscellaneous duties - Provide resources for company and agency staff regarding legal topics as required.
1. Maintain confidentiality in all matters
2. Commitment to GWCC customer service philosophy
3. Integrity and ethics; open, honest and trustworthy
4. Dependability through timeliness and attendance
5. Participation in continuing education
Education/Vocational Training: Bachelor’s Degree required plus must have successfully completed one year of law school and be fully enrolled at an accredited college or university and continuing progress toward JD Degree. Prefer completion of two years of law school.
Work Experience: Some work experience that indicates ability to take direction and work with others.
1. Thorough knowledge of and above average ability to use law library, research law sources and utilize Westlaw systems.
2. Above average written/composition skills.
3. Good interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with variety of individuals.
4. Good self-initiative in organizing work and follow through on assigned tasks.
5. SPECIFIC PHYSICAL AND COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
Regularly sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk and hear. Occasionally stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus. Ability to comprehend and use basic English language, both written and spoken, to communicate information and ideas; formulate and apply appropriate course of action for routine or familiar situations.
Apply on-line or send cover letter/resume outlining your skills, experience, and salary history by March 12, 2008 to:
DeeAnn Zimmerman, Sr. Staffing Specialist or Brandi Kluender, Staffing Specialist
Human Resource Department
Great West Casualty Company
PO Box 277
South Sioux City, NE 68776
402-494-7228 [FAX 402-494-0114]
An Equal Opportunity Employer