Internship at Siouxland Community Blood Bank:
The following is a list that includes but is not limited to the tasks that interns in the laboratory at Siouxland Community Blood Bank would be expected to be trained on and perform:
- Segmenting using a table top heat sealer
- Reconciliation of units returning from mobile sites
- Calculation and equalizing of double red blood cell units
- Paperwork related to shipping of components
- Telephone: taking requests and appropriate documentation
- Segregating red blood cells by type and date
- Preparing units to ship
Laboratory internships are unpaid positions and we will work with the student to provide training and information per class requirements.
They can contact me by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 712-252-4208 ext 232.