The Logistics Management Intern Program is a dynamic two-year program offering permanent upward mobility positions with the federal government. We recruit and train civilians as Logistics Management Specialist Interns, preparing them for a future career as a member of the Army civilian team supporting soldiers throughout the world. The Department of the Army offers exciting careers in the fields of Supply Management, Materiel Maintenance Management, and Transportation and Distribution Management.
This two-year program of professional development is accomplished through formal classroom training and a series of rotational on-the-job training with Department of Defense agencies throughout the United States. Training emphasizes transportation, supply, maintenance, financial management, contract negotiations and leadership development. Our high quality program ensures the availability of well-trained and experienced employees equipped with the right skills to support the work force of the future. Upon completion of the program individuals are placed in positions throughout the world.
Forward your resume and unofficial transcripts to:
Rock-NCCPOC.Recruitingteam@conus.army.nil or fax to 309-782-7987
A bachelors degree with a 2.95 cumulative GPA or higher on a 4.0 scale.
Or have graduated in the top 30 percent of your class in your undergraduate studies.
All Majors considered.
Must be a U.S. citizen.
The full-time two-year training program consists of logistics training at Fort Lee, VA or Fort Eustis, VA and on-the-job training at various DOD Activities.
A logistics intern will be:
- Trained in the latest logistics concepts and methodologies
- educated in the latest business resource and program management practices
- Innovative and creative in providing logistics support to the Army.
- Motivated to pursue and achieve excellence at all performance levels.
Federal employment offers a full range of competitive benefits and incentive to include:
- 10 paid holidays
- Competitive salary and advancement opportunities
- Annual leave accrual for each pay period they work. Initially, 13 days of annual leave are earned as a first year employee
- Sick leave accrual leave for each pay period worked.
- Low cost term life insurance is automatically provided to permanent federal employees. Family coverage is optional.
- group health benefits options.
- An average starting salary of 435,752 (GS-7) with an increase to $43,731 (GS-9) after one year and $52,912 (GS-11) at the end of two years with successful performance.
- Participation in a generous retirement program which includes government matching contributions to a tax deferred savings plan (similar to a 401 K0)