The American Hospitality Academy (AHA) strives to develop hospitality leaders of tomorrow who have a positive attitude, demonstrate strong work values, lead by example, encourage tolerance, celebrate diversity, and promote peace around the world. AHA is proud to have championed an internship program that teaches both cultural awareness and leadership skills that are necessary to be successful in a global service economy.
AHA is currently receiving applications for all summer positions in Hilton head Island SC, Myrtle beach SC, and Orlando Fl. for summer internships from May through August 2008. \\Applicants must be at least 18 years of age, be qualified to perform the service and receive the type of training outlined in his/her training agreement, be willing to live and learn with people from other cultures, be outgoing and ready for a great internship experience.
AHA's all-inclusive training program includes:
- Fully furnished housing - local telephone, utilities, cable TV
- Transportation to and from their training site
- Monthly stipend check of $400
- Weekly training Seminars and Workshops - Cultural awareness, Professional development, AHA Workbook and Educational materials
- AHA Certification of Completion
- Access to AHA Training center
- Trainee Appreciation Socials
- Cultural Activities and Service Learning Events
- Program Services
AHA provides training in the following disciplines:
This position offers you the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the field of hospitality food service. As a Food Service Trainee, you will be exposed to the daily operations of the food service industry, while performing practical training assignments. Practical training may include the following assignments: Food Server Assistant, Host/Hostess, Food Service, Beverage Service, Banquet/Catering Set-up and Service, and Food Retail Sales.
*Three to four month Food Service positions are only available at our South Carolina training locations during the summer season.
This position offers you the opportunity to understand the daily operational procedures of a hotel or resort front office. Practical training assignments may include: Front Desk, Reservations, Bell Stand, Transportation and PBX operations.
Three to four month Front Office positions are only available at our South Carolina locations during the summer season.
This position will give you the opportunity to learn how to run a hospitality activities program from the ground up! During your practical training you will plan, implement and evaluate a variety of resort activities for the guests of your host property, including: games, fitness sessions, arts and crafts, special events, etc. You will also have the opportunity to: coordinate the marketing and promotion of these activities; prepare the event schedules; and to lead some or all of the scheduled activities.
- All Resort Activities Applicants must be able to: swim; actively participate in the planned activities; and be physically able to be outdoors for long periods of time during the summer months.
- Lifeguard, CPR and First Aid Certifications are desired, but not required.
This position provides you the opportunity to gain valuable, "hands on" experience while being exposed to the daily culinary operations of a resort hotel. Practical training assignments may include: Food Preparation, Sauces, Stock, Line Cooking, Pastry, Breads, Dessert, Inventory, and Kitchen Sanitation.
- Three to four month Culinary Training positions are only available at our South Carolina locations during the summer season.
- Culinary Training Applicants must have previous formal training or culinary experience
For more information, view the web site at www.AmericanHospitalityAcademy.com