Waitt Hall and Poppen Hall opened in 2003 as Morningside’s first apartment-style residence halls for upper-class students. Waitt houses 30 students in four apartments, and Poppen houses 42 students in six apartments.
- Each apartment houses six to eight students in two-person bedrooms, and features a kitchenette, a living room, and two bathrooms.
- Each living room is furnished with a couch, two chairs and a coffee table.
- Each kitchenette has ample counter and cupboard space, a microwave, a full-size fridge and a kitchen table with chairs.
- Each building has its own laundry facility and study/printing room.
- Buildings are staffed by student apartment managers who provide programs and activities for the students who live there.