We'll help you get where you want to go
Career Services can assist you in developing plans that lead toward your professional goals. Whether you need help formatting a resume, identifying a major or finding an appropriate internship, Career Services is dedicated to your career development. Here is a sampling of the services we provide:
- Career counseling
- Info on different careers, including labor market information
- Resume and cover letter development
- Interviewing assistance
- Graduate school admissions information
- Networking connections
- Job leads and referrals
Why would a student use Career Services?
There are tons of reasons! First and foremost, we assist students in pursuing their goals and dreams. Over the past three years, Morningside College has experienced a 98-99 percent graduate placement rate, which includes employment within six months of graduation or graduate school enrollment. We also assist students with employment materials for part-time jobs, summer employment, internships and research experiences for undergraduates.
Do you know what you want to do, but you aren't sure how to get there?
Career Services will guide you in the right direction, while also providing you with specific and strategic steps to help you meet your goals. Career Services provides a host of information and can handle all of the following types of questions:
- What jobs might I get with this particular major?
- Which majors would best fit my interests?
- Where and how do I take the GRE?
- What kind of part-time and summer jobs are available in Sioux City?
- What kind of salary would I make in this career that I am considering?
- What do I need to do to be successful and competitive in my career field?